Painted by my talented cousin, Richard Lewis. Click the picture to learn more about him.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A View of Hope Lives Now

(A reminder on this solemn day that we should all strive toward the hope of better days, greater understand, more love, and the realization of mutual respect.)



Hope walked toward me today.
With arms outstretched,
a purposeful stride,
a gaze as warm as the sun,

Hope moved close,
closer,
next to me,
took my hand and said simply,
"Come with me."

When I asked where, Hope did not answer.
Hope kept moving.
When I asked why me, why now,
Hope, moving forward, did not pause.
Clasping my hand a bit firmer,
Hope looked my way, and said,
"Come with me."

Inspired, I walked with Hope.

When we encountered others on our path,
Hope never wavered, never flinched.
If arms remained firmly at a person's side,
Hope gently caressed a shoulder,
and their resistance softened.
If eyes were downcast, clouded with tears,
Hope lifted a chin, and that touch stopped sobs,
replaced sorrow with spirit, guiding all encountered
with the promise of purpose.
Hope gave strength to those
too weak to stand on their own.
All were welcome, all were encouraged.
Hope turned no one away.

When the ground under Hope's feet
buckled, crumbled, seemingly fell away,
Hope stumbled, but never fell.
When shards of glass pierced our shoes,
our soles, cutting us to the bone,
Hope brushed away the danger,
tended the wounds, healed the hurt.

When it seemed we lost our way,
begged to stop our journey,
became fearful when clouds shrouded the sun,
Hope pointed forward.
Hope's smile lit the way,
and darkness bowed to the beacon
Hope shone upon it.

Hope kept moving.
Hope kept everyone moving.

At one point, Hope became weary.
Wiping sweat from brow,
Hope, sensing our concern
but never losing stride,
turned to face us, and said surely, simply,

"Do not give up.
Hope lives now.
Hope lives on.
Hope lives in you."

Uplifted by the power
Hope shared with us,
bestowed in us,
we kept moving with,
kept moving because of

Hope.

(c) 2011 - Tracey Morris, All rights reserved


(Image from the blog, "Process: Self-Honesty," by Darryl Thomas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment